Written by Colin Hopgood, from B.E.S.T. Water Filters, 20/1/2020
A customer's water test failed to meet Drinking Water Standards because the 'colour number' was too high. If the customer had attempted to chlorinate it may have created a cancer-causing by-product.
Written by Marta Pascual Juanolam from WAtoday, 15/1/2020
A commonly used swimming spot in Perth has been closed indefinitely. Since discovering a brain-eating bacteria in the water, authorities urge people to watch for symptoms of infection such as severe headaches, sore throat, and vomiting. If a person is infected, it can take the parasite as little as a day to two weeks before death.
Read the full article here.